Coloured 2xLP with Obi-StripRead More
- + WAV / FLAC
- 2xLP housed in a gatefold sleeve
- Transparent coloured vinyl
- Each record held in a printed inner sleeve
- Record accompanied by obi-strip printed on translucent 150gsm paper stock
- Includes vinyl-exclusive temporary tattoos
- WAV download included
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Acclaimed Japanese-American producer Qrion proudly announces her debut album 'I Hope It Lasts Forever', out October 29 via independent record label Anjunadeep. The album announcement comes alongside the release of the electric first single 'Your Love', out now.
Qrion, real name Momiji Tsukada, wrote 'I Hope It Lasts Forever' primarily during the lockdown in San Francisco. 'I Hope It Lasts Forever' invokes the emotions Tsukada felt during her adventurous move from hometown Sapporo to sunny San Francisco and pays homage to Tsukada's memories of her childhood and her dad. As such, the album presents a versatile collection of electronica and club tracks, with introspective cuts like 'It's All Over' and 'Maybe It Was Already Here' appearing alongside lively club anthems such as '11-11' and 'Proud'. The album also notably features collaborations with talented British musician Flownn, Canadian vocalist and composer Kroy, and California's Mars Kasei.
Speaking on the record, Tsukada highlighted the importance of nostalgia in its creation:
"I connected with my old memories - the feelings of spending time with my dad, the time I lived with my family in Japan, and the small but important moments of my life from my time in Sapporo. The creative process of this album helped me to mentally connect the dots of my memories through life. Some of which I had forgotten about until I sat down and started reminiscing while working on the music. I feel music often creates a bridge to access memorable parts of our lives and in this sense 'I Hope It Lasts Forever' is a very personal and special album to me. My hope is that my music and this album will also become part of other people's memories - something that people can carry with them into the future."
The first single off the album, 'Your Love', features Qrion's characteristic pulsating bass alongside staccato plucks that makes one nostalgic for summer days. The track joins Tsukada's acclaimed catalogue that has seen support by the likes of Danny Howard at BBC Radio 1 and Jason Bentley at KCRW, as well as prolific producers such as TSHA, Moon Boots, Lane 8, The Aston Shuffle, 3LAU, and Gorgon City.
'I Hope It Lasts Forever' is the latest triumph in a career that's seen Qrion release on Mad Decent, Last Night on Earth, and This Never Happened, and be named on Forbes Japan's 30 Under 30, adding to notable support from the likes of Mixmag and The Fader. Having shared the stage with Above & Beyond, Porter Robinson, Deadmau5, and Tourist, Qrion now takes to the road with her own headline tour across North America in support of the album.
- 1 Pitch Dark Qrion 4:54 Buy
- 2 Proud Qrion 3:56 Buy
- 3 Jones St. Qrion 4:52 Buy
- 4 Fireworks Qrion 4:24 Buy
- 5 Bright Lights Qrion feat. Flownn 4:34 Buy
- 6 Maybe It Was Already Here Qrion 2:18 Buy
- 7 11-11 Qrion 4:07 Buy
- 8 Mars Qrion feat. Mars Kasei 4:51 Buy
- 9 Never Go Back Qrion feat. Kroy 4:29 Buy
- 10 Waterfalls Qrion 4:53 Buy
- 11 Your Love Qrion 4:09 Buy
- 12 It's All Over Qrion 4:10 Buy
- 13 Your Love (Extended Mix) Qrion 5:01 Buy
- 14 11-11 (Extended Mix) Qrion 4:37 Buy
- 15 Proud (Extended Mix) Qrion 5:22 Buy