320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Anjunabeats is proud to present Andrew Bayer's ‘Duality’ (Remixed).
Enigma, polymath, visionary, DJ, producer, musician, artist: Andrew Bayer has been a cornerstone of Anjuna for over a decade.
He's been responsible for the most experimental and ambitious artist albums on Anjunabeats. His 2011 debut ‘It’s Artificial’ merged glitch-hop, electronica and prog house, while on 2013’s ‘If It Were You, We’d Never Leave’ he pushed the envelope further with a critically-acclaimed journey of electronica and sunny, instrumental hip-hop. 2018's ‘In My Last Life’ wove the emotive songwriting of Ane Brun and Alison May into a modern alt-pop masterpiece.
His fourth studio album ‘Duality’, is one of his most ambitious works to date. ‘Duality’ pt. 1, released on August 12, 2022, explored Bayer’s passion for downtempo and indie-pop, while ‘Duality’ pt. 2, which followed on October 26, 2022, aimed firmly at the dancefloor, exploring Bayer’s forward-thinking trance and progressive sound.
Supported by Sirius XM's Diplo and Liquid Todd, BBC Radio 1's Annie Nightingale and KCRW's Jason Bentley, ‘Duality’ was met with acclaim from fans. Tracks from the album took centre stage on Andrew’s ‘Duality’ album tour; Group Therapy 500 in Los Angeles; Group Therapy Weekender at The Gorge and Dockyards London; Anjunabeats Miami and Austin, and his recent support slots for Seven Lions on the ‘Journey III’ tour.
A key theme behind ‘Duality’ is collaboration. The album featured an eclectic cast of collaborators, friends old and new: Asbjørn, Alison May, Audrey Brazelle, Dave Thomas Junior, Kaleena Zanders and more. The ‘Duality’ (Remixed) package continues this motif, with Andrew collaborating with Farius, Alex Sonata & TheRio and Elevven on club mixes of ‘Under Pressure’, ‘Equal’ and ‘Matriarch’ respectively.
Anjunabeats Rising graduate and emerging star Laura van Dam contributes a progressive mix of ‘Chaos’, while label mainstay Genix adds a techno spin to album opener ‘No Silence’ - Genix and Bayer previously released ‘The Test’ in December 2020, and worked together on a club mix of ‘Hold On To You’ from Bayer’s ‘In My Last Life’ album. Matt Lange returns to the label after nearly four years to rework ‘I Would’, and album collaborator Kaleena Zanders’ ‘Broke It’ mix offers an electronica twist on uplifting Pride anthem ‘Break The Rules’. The remix package concludes with a stripped-down version of ‘Equal’, recorded at Above & Beyond’s Hello Studios in September 2022.
Andrew Bayer ‘Duality’ (Remixed) is out now. Limited edition triple-LP ‘Duality’ vinyl is shipping now from the Anjuna Music Store.
Andrew joins Above & Beyond once again at The Gorge Amphitheatre for this year’s Group Therapy Weekender, playing b2b with fellow label legend Mat Zo. He also joins us for all three Anjunabeats Outdoors shows in New York City, Denver and Montréal this summer, tickets on sale now (https://anjunabeats.com/events).
- 1 Equal (Andrew Bayer and Alex Sonata & TheRio Remix) 4:17 Buy
- 2 No Silence (Genix Remix) 3:35 Buy
- 3 Matriarch (Andrew Bayer & Elevven Remix) 4:56 Buy
- 4 Under Pressure (Andrew Bayer & Farius Remix) 3:46 Buy
- 5 Chaos (Laura van Dam Remix) 3:40 Buy
- 6 I Would (Matt Lange Remix) 3:56 Buy
- 7 Break The Rules (Kaleena Broke It Mix) 3:45 Buy
- 8 Equal (Acoustic) 3:13 Buy
- 1 Equal (Andrew Bayer and Alex Sonata & TheRio Extended Mix) 7:03 Buy
- 2 No Silence (Genix Extended Mix) 5:44 Buy
- 3 Matriarch (Andrew Bayer & Elevven Extended Mix) 7:30 Buy
- 4 Under Pressure (Andrew Bayer & Farius Extended Mix) 6:07 Buy
- 5 Chaos (Laura van Dam Extended Mix) 5:44 Buy
- 6 I Would (Matt Lange Extended Mix) 7:48 Buy
- 7 Break The Rules (Kaleena Broke It Extended Mix) 5:01 Buy