- Half-Speed mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road
- Pressed on 180g vinyl
Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
- + WAV / FLAC
- + WAV / FLAC
In stock, shipping now.
Following last year's critically acclaimed electronic album, "We Are All We Need", Above & Beyond Acoustic II revisits several of the best loved songs from that album as well as classics from Above & Beyond’s wide back catalogue and reworks them for concert halls rather than clubs; breathing new life and context into them.
Under the supervision of musical director Bob Bradley, the legendary trio have reworked a total of 13 tracks into rich, string-laden band arrangements that reference Portishead, Angelo Badalamenti and movie soundtracks with a uniquely Above & Beyond idiosyncrasy.
Reaching back into their individual musical histories, each member of Above & Beyond performs different parts of the arrangements, including Jono on Rhodes, Tony on guitar and vocals, and Paavo on grand piano. Celebrated A&B collaborator Zoë Johnston sings on re-imagined dancefloor anthems like "We're All We Need" and "Alchemy", and is joined by a host of other contributing vocalists from Above & Beyond's past and present. Completing the ensemble, string quartets and percussion sections provide a big room feel of a completely different kind.
Digital Track List
- 1 Hello Above & Beyond 2:45 Buy
- 2 We're All We Need Above & Beyond 5:02 Buy
- 3 On My Way To Heaven Above & Beyond 5:14 Buy
- 4 Save Me Above & Beyond 6:11 Buy
- 5 All Over The World Above & Beyond 4:35 Buy
- 6 No One On Earth Above & Beyond 4:17 Buy
- 7 Black Room Boy Above & Beyond 4:27 Buy
- 8 Peace Of Mind Above & Beyond 6:23 Buy
- 9 Sticky Fingers Above & Beyond 5:06 Buy
- 10 Alchemy Above & Beyond 5:00 Buy
- 11 Counting Down The Days / Liquid Love Above & Beyond 5:40 Buy
- 12 Blue Sky Action Above & Beyond 4:54 Buy
- 13 Another Chance Above & Beyond 4:41 Buy
Above & Beyond