320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Sitting somewhere between Gold Panda, Flying Lotus and Johan Johannsson, Andrew Bayer’s second album – ‘If It Were You, We’d Never Leave’ – is a 16-track journey through woozy, dreamlike glitch and reflective electronica.
Without a 4/4 beat in sight, this much-anticipated second album showcases the unique abilities of the former Berklee College Of Music student in kaleidoscopic beauty and follows his acclaimed debut album, ‘It’s Artificial’, in style.
Released in 2011, ‘It’s Artificial’ was described by Mixmag as “an incredible album of sophisticated electronica”, earning further plaudits from DJ Magazine, BBC Radio 1 plays from the likes of Rob Da Bank and Zane Lowe, as well as DJ support from techno experimentalist Henry Saiz, Guy J and beyond.
From the edgy glitch of “Doomsday” to the ethereal, emotive grooves of the Sufjan Steven-sampling “Lose Sight” (feat. Ane Brun) through to the epic, cinematic builds of “Gaff’s Eulogy” each track tells is own story and stirs with emotion; Bayer blends the organic with the electronic in a way few producers master. A contemplative and absorbing electronica LP, the full journey demands and rewards repeat listens.
Digital Track List
- 1 Opening Act Andrew Bayer 3:34 Buy
- 2 Doomsday Andrew Bayer 3:43 Buy
- 3 It's Going To Be Fine Andrew Bayer 3:55 Buy
- 4 Let's Hear That B Section Again! Andrew Bayer 4:24 Buy
- 5 Lose Sight (Original Mix) Andrew Bayer feat. Ane Brun 3:58 Buy
- 6 You Are Andrew Bayer feat. Deb Talan 3:40 Buy
- 7 All This Will Happen Again Andrew Bayer 4:21 Buy
- 8 Echo Andrew Bayer feat. Alison May 3:05 Buy
- 9 A Brief Interlude Andrew Bayer 3:00 Buy
- 10 Gaff's Eulogy Andrew Bayer 5:09 Buy