In stock, shipping now.
- + WAV / FLAC
In stock, shipping now.
“A brilliant young British talent” Pete Tong, BBC Radio 1 “Is there anything Zo can’t do?” Mixmag
While so many follow the status quo, Mat Zo has always danced to the beat of his own drum. From his days topping both the drum & bass and trance charts simultaneously (releasing on Hospital Records as MRSA), to his current status as a big room innovator, collaborating with Public Enemy’s Chuck D and dropping genre-blurring 70-track contributions to BBC Radio 1’s Essential Mix, the precocious talent is destined to play by his own rules. Supported by DJs as diverse as Skrillex, Madeon, Pete Tong, Above & Beyond, Steve Aoki and A-Trak, the LA-living producer’s much anticipated debut LP “Damage Control” is a bold, brilliantly diverse statement of intent from one of the scene’s most unique talents. In a world of EDM sound a likes, this is electronic dance music with integrity and ambition. The release of the album will coincide with an extensive upcoming world headline tour, which sees Zo playing renowned dance music hubs such as Ministry of Sound in London, Light in Las Vegas, Create/Avalon in Los Angeles, Miami’s LIV nightclub, Toronto’s Guvernment and New York City’s famed Pacha. (See full list of dates below).
The product of nearly three years dedicated work, “Damage Control” represents a star of the future coming of age. Including his Beatport No.1 smash “Easy” (feat. Porter Robinson) and recent hook-up with hip-hop legend Chuck D (Public Enemy) on “Pyramid Scheme”, Zo’s 14-track LP also features the sun-soaked melodies of his innovative future single “Lucid Dreams” – another track that perfectly embodies his uniquely quirky take on big room sounds.
What really sets the album apart from the pack are its diversions away from the dancefloor. “Damage Control” takes in everything from electro-charged French house (“Only For You” feat. Rachel K. Collier), classy trance vibes (“The Sky” feat. Linnea Schossow) and big room progressive, through to wonky, trap-styled beats (“Caller ID” and “Little Damage”), UK garage updates (“EZ”) and hip-hop (“Moderate Stimulation”).
Retaining a cohesive thread throughout thanks to Zo’s unmistakable sense of fun and infectious grasp of melody, “Damage Control” is tipped as one of the most forward-thinking debut artist albums of 2013.
Digital Track List
- 1 Superman Lost Mat Zo 2:08 Buy
- 2 Only For You (Original Mix) Mat Zo feat. Rachel K. Collier 5:14 Buy
- 3 Easy Mat Zo feat. Porter Robinson 6:38 Buy
- 4 Caller ID Mat Zo 4:02 Buy
- 5 Little Damage Mat Zo 1:44 Buy
- 6 Pyramid Scheme Mat Zo feat. Chuck D 3:31 Buy
- 7 The Sky Mat Zo feat. Linnea Schossow 7:55 Buy
- 8 Like It Used To Be Mat Zo 0:59 Buy
- 9 Time On Your Side Mat Zo feat. Janai 3:13 Buy
- 10 Moderate Stimulation Mat Zo 1:27 Buy
- 11 Lucid Dreams Mat Zo 4:30 Buy
- 12 EZ Mat Zo 4:14 Buy
- 13 Hurricane Mat Zo feat. Eyes That Lie 5:15 Buy
- 14 Fall Into Dreams Mat Zo feat. Pete Josef 1:42 Buy
- 15 Time Dilation (iTunes Bonus Track) Mat Zo 5:47 Buy